Aboriginal Consultation 101
Aboriginal consultation is confusing. Our partners at Calliou Group along with Bee Schadeck from Center of The Sky, have developed an online course that can help your organization understand where Aboriginal rights came from, who holds Aboriginal rights, and how Aboriginal consultation should be executed.
Whether you require knowledge that focuses on regulatory matters, historical influences or risk management, Calliou Group’s online course can assist you to provide that information in an online course format.
“Understanding Aboriginal and Treaty Rights” is a fresh approach to Aboriginal awareness training.
Our comprehensive course:
- Lets you provide easy-to monitor in-house training
- Is suitable for a wide variety of audiences, including company employees and contractors, government officials, or anyone who might benefit from Aboriginal awareness training
- Simplifies complex concepts and provides a clear context for Canada’s relationship with Aboriginal peoples
Our online training course explains Four Key Concepts:
- Aboriginal peoples are nations
- Canada has a treaty relationship with Aboriginal peoples
- Assimilation policies distorted this treaty relationship
- Aboriginal and treaty rights are constitutionally protected
Course highlights include:
- Nearly 90 minutes of intensive online training
- “Violet’s Story”: A first-hand account from a residential school survivor
- Printable course completion certificate for your records
- Chapter quizzes
- Compatibility with Windows, Mac or Linux platforms
- Content offered in English or French (French version coming soon)
Just $49.95 per User Purchase online now!
Volume Pricing Plans Available
Contact Calliou Group to see how we can make training more affordable for larger organizations.
Flexible Payment Options
Purchase “Understanding Aboriginal and Treaty Rights” online or have Calliou Group invoice your organization—whichever is more convenient for you.
Companion Book Coming Soon!
Calliou Group’s “Understanding Aboriginal and Treaty Rights” companion book includes more than 120 pages of complementary information that reinforces the concepts in our online training course. Available in your choice of print or PDF, our book will initially be offered in English, with a French version to be published shortly after.
Customized Client Courses
Calliou Group can customize our online training course to suit your organization’s requirements. Contact Calliou Group for more information.
Track the progress of your employees as they take our online training course.
Our online training course was designed to be compatible on Windows, Macintosh and Linux platforms
View and access our course on all leading web browsers
For optimal performance, configure your computer’s web browser to accept cookies.
High-speed Internet connection
Dedicated T1, broadband or DSL are recommended.
Adobe Flash Player
Download a free copy of the most recent version of the Adobe Flash Player.